Talk Title: Molecular magnetic switches: Rational design of spin crossover materials
Associate Professor Dr David J. Harding completed his PhD from the University of Bristol in 2000, having done a BSc (Hons) at the university of Edinburgh (1997). After a short postdoc he moved to Thailand and now works at Suranaree University of Technology. His research interests are in the discovery of new materials with designed structural, optical and magnetic properties for molecular electronics. There are three specific areas of interest: spin crossover materials, single molecule magnets and crystal engineering.
Honors and Distinctions
- Walailak University Researcher of the Year – 2020 & 2008
- Dalton Transactions New Talent: Asia Pacific Award – 2014
- Royal Society of Chemistry JWT Jones Travelling Research Fellowship -2010
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry – 2021
- Outstanding reviewer for Dalton Transactions – 2019 & 2021